- Prep Time 30 min
2 hr 5 min
- cups Bisquick® Original baking mix
- cup sugar
- cup shortening
- cup milk
- tablespoons grated orange peel
- cup orange juice
- Yellow food color
- Red food color
- tub Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy or Soft Whipped cream cheese ready-to-spread frosting
- teaspoon sugar
- large black or red gumdrops
- ice cream cone
- 1 Heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Beat baking mix, 1 cup sugar, the shortening, milk, orange peel, orange juice, eggs, 12 drops yellow food color and 8 drops red food color in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
- 2 Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 3 Place cake on serving plate. Stir 10 drops each yellow and red food colors into frosting. Frost cake.
- 4 Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar on sheet of waxed paper. Place gumdrops about 1/4 inch apart on sugar. Top with another sheet of waxed paper. Roll gumdrops between waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out eyes, nose and mouth from gumdrops. Arrange on cake for pumpkin face.
- 5 Place ice cream cone in center hole of cake for pumpkin stem. source:bettycrocker.com