- Prep Time 25 min
- Total Time 2 hr 5 min
- Servings 16
- 2 2/3
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2
- cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4
- cups granulated sugar
- cup milk
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons vanilla
- cup seedless raspberry jam
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cups powdered sugar
- cup raspberry-flavored liqueur or raspberry syrup for pancakes
- teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate leaves, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms and sides of 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening; lightly flour. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- 2 In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. On medium speed, beat in flour mixture, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs until blended. Beat 2 minutes longer. Pour evenly into pans.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4 In medium bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in liqueur and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth and spreadable.
- 5 Cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. (Mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin serrated knife.) Place 1 layer, cut side up, on serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup raspberry jam to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top with another layer, cut side down; spread with 1/3 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining layers.
side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Pipe frosting on top of
cake if desired. Garnish with chocolate leaves. Store loosely covered.